Chair: Kay Benson, 29211 North Blanchard Creek Road, Chattaroy, WA 99003, (509) 238-4151 or (509) 998-9908 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisory Committee: Phillip Broadbent, Shari Davis, Sara Donnelly, Mimi Ewers, Jonna Maule, Brooke Nicholson, Kristen Potts
2017 Ballet adjudications will be held at: Gonzaga University Dance Studio in Spokane.
Entry forms may be obtained at Empire Dance Shop or on line at www.musicfestnorthwest.org
2017 Ballet Adjudicator: Anna-Marie Holmes
Teachers with students needing financial aid should fill out a “Request for Entry Fee Assistance.” The form can be found at www.musicfestnorthwest.org or by calling the Musicfest Office. This generous offer of assistance
has been underwritten by one of Musicfests “grantors.”
1. General Entries use Ballet entry form.
2. Young Artist entrants, Class 1 only, use Young Artist entry form.
3. Entrants must be at least 10 years of age, and no older than a senior high school student, to be eligible for an award.
4. Entrants may not be adjudicated more than two consecutive years in either the Junior or Intermediate Classes.
5. Junior and Senior students must have pointe shoes available for class.
6. There will be no changes made out of the class for which the entrant is registered. Changes from class times within a class may be made at the discretion of the chairman, class space permitting
7. For adjudication, female entrants must wear black leotards, pink tights, and pink shoes. No jewelry, adornments, or frills may be worn. Male entrants must wear white T-shirts, black tights, black/white shoes.
8. Senior award winners may enter and win in subsequent years.
9. Warm-up room(s) will be available.
|YOUNG ARTIST SECTION
USE YOUNG ARTIST ENTRY FORM FOR THIS CLASS.
The Young Artist entrants must be between the ages of 14 and 20 years, inclusive, on or before May 1, 2017. Winner, with a grade of at least Superior, will receive an award of $500 and must perform at the Festival Highlights Concert, Friday, May 19, 2017. See Preliminary Bulletin for Young Artist Rules.
Young Artist Fee $50.00 ($10.00 surcharge for non-member teachers does not apply.)
Class 1A Young Artist Solo - A classical variation of the dancer’s choice. Time limit - Not less than 1 minute or more than 3 minutes.
Class 1B Young Artist Required Ballet Steps. Steps will be selected by the adjudicator.
Young Artist Required Female Variation – The Lilac Fairy Variation, from Sleeping Bauty by Tchaikovsky after Petipa
Young Artist Required Male Variation – Cavalier’s variation from Grand pas de deux, Act II from Nutcracker after petipa
1. All ballet adjudications are classes taught by the adjudicator. Oral adjudications are given to each class.
2. Monetary award winners must be available to perform at the Festival Highlights concert May 19, 2017.
3. Students judged to be particularly outstanding by the adjudicator are given the Festival Certificate of Merit. No other grading, numerical or otherwise, is used in this division.
*Class 2 Senior. Winner will receive $50.00 and will perform a variation of his/her choice at the Festival Highlights concert Friday, May 19, 2017 and will also receive a gold medal.
*Class 3 Junior A. The winner will perform a variation of his/her choice at the Festival Highlights concert Friday, May 19, 2017 and will also receive a gold medal.
Class 4 Junior B.
Class 5 Intermediate A.
Class 6 Intermediate B.
Fee: $25.00 Time Limit 3 minutes
Class 7 Young Choreographer. Open only to entrants adjudicated in the Junior or Senior classes. Only one Certificate of Merit will be awarded, and that winner will perform at the Festival Highlights concert Friday, May 19, 2017.
1. This is an original dance by entrants to music of their choice. Content of dance may be ballet, character, jazz or modern. Entrants will be judged on originality of idea, development of the idea as the dance form, musical interpretation, use of space, and performance. Teachers may help students select music.
2. Students may enter more than once, but a separate entry form and fee is required for each entry.
3. Entrants must provide music recorded on CD or MP3 player for choreography. Music must be loud enough to be heard in a large auditorium.
4. Young Choreographer will be the last scheduled class in the Ballet Division. There may be no more than ten (10) dancers per entry.
1315 North Napa, Suite A
Spokane, WA 99202
Telephone & Fax: (509) 327-3455